A successful adaptive reuse project in New Haven: the former Winchester Repeating Arms building located in Science Park. The historic gun factory which opened in the 1860s and employed 21,000 workers in its heyday during the First World War, was sold in 1931, but kept on producing fire arms until a dwindling company of 200 finally closed its doors for good in 2006. Parts of the complex had been abandoned for decades.
This year, Higher One, a fast-growing financial company created by 3 Yale graduates will be moving into renovated headquarters, designed by Svigals + Partners.
For more articles on this project:
Photos: New Haven Independent
Read our feature on Elements of Design: Adaptive Reuse here…
Tags: adaptive reuse, Historic Architecture, New Haven Architecture, Science Park, Winchester Repeating Arms